Petone

Petone has a long history of occupation stretching back to pre-colonial times, and was the site of some of NZ’s first state housing (1906).

In 1850 the Māori pa at ‘Pito-one’ was described as, “the largest and best fortified within the District of Wellington … their cultivations of kumara and maize look well and the residents, in point of comfort and wealth, are better off than any of the Port Nicholson natives … total population 136.” (Source: Wikipedia)

Now the local Pak’n Save is an Angel Food stockist!