1¼ cups boiling water
1 tablespoon fermented tofu OR a big pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup mashed kumara
1 cup white flour
¾ cup polenta
1 pack Angel Food Cheesey Sauce Mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180 celsius.
2. Grease a baking dish (or line it with baking paper), and set aside.
3. Use a whisk or fork to mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside.
4. Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl. If using the fermented tofu, make sure it’s well mixed in. That stuff is strong!
7. Add the wet mix to the dry mix, stir gently until just combined.
8. Pour into the cake tin and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes until centre of cornbread is firm.