185g coconut (shredded or fine, or a mixture)
1 medium carrot, peeled and finely grated
150g rice flour
¼ cup oil
Juice and zest of one medium orange
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease or line a baking tray.
- Combine all ingredients except orange juice.
- Add juice slowly until mixture holds together when squeezed gently.
- Form into walnut-sized balls, and flatten with your hand.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Best eaten the day they are baked. You can also freeze the cookies unbaked, and bake them in smaller batches as desired.