Great comfort food and perfect for dinner parties.
Makes 6 servings. Cooking time: 60mins.
Based on a recipe by Carla Beardshaw.
500 gButton mushrooms
1large bunch of spinach (approx 300g)
1jar of your favourite tomato-based pasta sauce
1block firm tofu
¼ cupAngel Food parmesan
2 tspdried basil
¼ cupAngel Food Cheesey Sauce Mix
1 ½ cupDairy-free milk
100 gAngel Food mozzarella, grated
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Peel the pumpkin and cut it into 2cm cubes. Toss in 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper. Spread on a tray and roast for 20-30 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
- Step 2Slice the mushrooms, and saute them with 2T vegetable oil and 1T soy sauce until they reduce to about half their volume. Add about 1t herbs if you like - e.g. thyme. Set aside.
- Step 3To prepare the spinach, cut off the base of the stems. Rinse leaves and stems well, and cut into approx 2cm pieces. Cook until it reduces in volume by about half. If you like, add salt and pepper, and/or the zest and juice of a lemon. Set aside.
- Step 4Mash together in a bowl: the tofu, Angel Food parmesan and dried basil. Set aside.
- Step 5Using the Angel Food cheesey sauce mix and your preferred dairy-free milk, follow the instructions of the box to make 1 and 1/2 cups of cheesey sauce .
- Step 6To assemble the lasagne: Layer in this order as evenly as possible in the dish: (1) 1/2 of the tomato pasta sauce as the bottom layer of the dish. (2) A single layer of dried pasta sheets. (3) All the spinach. (4) All the tofu mix, spread gently atop the spinach. (5) A single layer of dried pasta sheets. (6) All of the pumpkin. (7) All of the mushrooms. (8) Half the mozzarella, sprinkled on top. (9) A single layer of dried pasta sheets. Press down gently. (10) The rest of the tomato pasta sauce.
- Step 7Place tinfoil over the lasagne and bake for 45minutes at 180C.
- Step 8Remove the tinfoil and pour the Angel Food cheesey sauce on top. Sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella.
- Step 9Bake the lasagne uncovered for another 15 minutes, until the sauce is brown and bubbly.
- Step 10Remove from the oven and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.