Dairy, soy and nut free.
3sticks of celery
1large clove of garlic
400 gcanned diced tomatoes
1 cupdried red lentils
1pack cannelloni tubes
½ cupAngel Food dairy-free cheesey sauce mix
3 cupsnon-dairy milk Use rice milk if soy-free.
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2Dice onions, carrots, celery and garlic very finely, and saute in a little oil until softened.
- Step 3Add red lentils and enough water to cook the lentils.
- Step 4Cook gently with the lid on, stirring and checking regularly that there is enough water in the pan.
- Step 5When cooked, season to taste with salt and pepper and your desired herbs and spices.
- Step 6Put about 1/2 a cup of the diced tomatoes on the base of a baking dish, and spread it across as evenly as possible.
- Step 7Fill the cannelloni tubes with the cooked lentil mixture, and lay them on top of the tomatoes.
- Step 8Pour more diced tomatoes on top, to cover the cannelloni. (Keep aside about 1/4 cup of tomatoes.)
- Step 9Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Step 10While it is finishing baking, make up the Cheesey Sauce Mix according to the directions on the pack.
- Step 11Pour the cheesey sauce over the top of the cannelloni before serving, and the last 1/4 cup of tomatoes, and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.