A great winter warmer.
(Dairy, gluten, soy and nut free)
180 gbutton mushrooms
2 Tbspolive oil
¼ cupAngel Food dairy-free cheese sauce mix powder
1 ¾ cupunflavoured non-dairy milk Use rice milk if soy-free. Use gluten-free milk alternative if required.
- Step 1Wipe the mushroom caps with a damp cloth to remove any dirt, and chop the mushrooms finely.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and add the mushrooms.
- Step 3Cook on medium heat, stirring regularly, until the mushrooms are tender - about 5 minutes. If the mushrooms start to stick, add a splash of water.
- Step 4Meanwhile, put the Cheesey Sauce Mix in a small deep bowl and add about 1 cup of the non-dairy milk. Using a fork, stir vigorously to blend.
- Step 5Pour over the mushrooms in the pan, add the rest of the rice milk, and bring to the boil. Keep stirring so it doesn't burn on the bottom or get lumpy!
- Step 6It is ready to eat once it has boiled. This soup is lovely served sprinkled with fresh herbs for a bit of freshness and colour.